Diamond Expedition 1947 Mikhail Odintsov
A. T. Korolkov
It took 70 years from the first of the legendary Tunguska diamond expedition within the Siberian platform. Initially, the searches were connected with the basin of the Lower Tunguska river in the Irkutsk region, and since 1948, captured additionally, the basin of the Vilyui river in the Republic of Yakutia. For some time the expedition worked simultaneously in the basins of the rivers Lower Tunguska and the Vilyuy. But after the discovery of large alluvial diamond deposits in the basin of the river Vilyui party G. H. Fainstein Tunguska expedition was renamed Amakinsky and became a year-round base in the p. Nyurba. Actually start working Amakinsky expedition, according to Irkutsk geologists of diamond workers, should be considered as 1947. The result of all these geological surveys was to identify the largest of the Yakut diamond province, containing placer and indigenous sources of diamonds. The largest primary diamond deposits in kimberlite pipes discovered by geologists in Yakutia, where he built a new city, but the search continues in the Irkutsk region.
diamonds, expedition, the traps, the kimberlites, the Siberian platform
1. Mikhail M. Odintsov. Novosibirsk, Publishing house of SB RAS, 2001, 174 p.
2. Odintsov M.M. Eastern Siberia, in geological parties: From the notes of Siberian geologist. Irkutsk, East-Sib. kn. publishing house, 1981, 190 p.
3. The path and fate of geologists of the Irkutsk state University. Biografa-memoir cycle. Kn. 1. Graduates 1924-1949 (resp. ed. V.P. Arsent'ev). Irkutsk, Publishing house Glass. type., 1915, 156 p.
4. Stom G. Our house. Irkutsk, Operational printing house On Chekhova, 2016, 54 p.
5. Filippov A. The history of the discovery Botovskoy of the cave [Journal of the Association of Urals speleologists (ACS)], 2015, N 25, pp. 46-48 (in Russian).
Full text (russian)