Geomorphological Regionalization of Okinskoe Highland (Eastern Sayan)
The geomorphological regionalization issues of Okinskoe highland are considered in the paper. It is noted that despite the relatively small area, highland territory is characterized by significant differences in the features of landform. The differences are caused mainly the morphostructural features, among which notes the presence within the highland of young Cenozoic depression, denudation and denudation-erosion mountains, preserved the remains of an ancient planation surface, wide Neogene basalt lava sheets. Morphological differences are related also to the spread of the footprints of Pleistocene glaciations. The scheme of geomorphological regionalization was proposed as a result of carried out researches in Okinskoe highland, where ten geomorphological regions, having more or less similarity were allocated. The regions in highland area were allocated and characterized by complex of features such as morphostructural and morphosculptural features, which together define modern morphological image of highlands, its internal differences, and also the characteristics of the modern exogenous morphogenesis. The satellite images were widely used in addition to the allocation of areas of cartographic data, study of literature sources. The satellite images allow to trace the natural differentiation of the territory and objectively to draw the borders of areas.
1. Vyrkin V.B. Nekotoryie chertyi geomorfologicheskogo stroeniya Okinskoy i Ilchiro-Kitoyskoy kotlovin Vostochnogo Sayana. Relef i ekzogennyie protsessyi gor. Irkutsk, Izd-vo In-ta geografii SO RAN, 2011, vol. 1, pp. 81-84 (in Russian).
2. Vyrkin V.B., Opekunova M.Yu. Osobennosti stroeniya rechnyih dolin na territorii Okinskogo ploskogorya. Geografiya i prirodnyie resursyi, 2015, no. 2, pp. 106-113 (in Russian).
3. Obruchev S.V. Orografiya i geomorfologiya vostochnoy polovinyi Vostochnogo Sayana. Izv. VGO, 1946, no. 5-6, pp. 479-498 (in Russian).
4. Obruchev S.V. Yarusnyie dolinyi v oblastyah gornogo oledeneniya. Sov. Geologiya, 1959, no. 6, pp. 65-77 (in Russian).
5. Olyunin V.N. Neotektonika i oledenenie Vostochnogo Sayana. Moscow, Nauka, 1965. 128 p.
6. Vyrkin V.B., Shehovtsov A. I., Belozertseva I. A., Aleshina I. N., Zaharov V. V., Kichigina N. V. Sovremennoe sostoyanie landshaftov Okinskoy kotlovinyi (Vostochnyiy Sayan). Geografiya i prirodnyie resursyi, 2012, no. 4, pp. 98-107 (in Russian).
7. Soloveva L.N. Morfologiya kriolitozonyi Sayano-Baykalskoy oblasti (na primere Buryatskoy ASSR). Novosibirsk, Nauka, 1976. 126 p.
8. Spiridonov A.I. Geomorfologicheskoe kartografirovanie. Moscow, Nedra, 1975. 184 p.
9. Tashak V.I., Kobylkin D.V. Issledovanie pescheryi Gorome na Okinskom plato. Vestnik BNTs SO RAN, 2015, no. 4(20), pp. 11-19 (in Russian).
10. Ufimtsev G.F., Schetnikov A.A., Filinov I.A. Okinskoe ploskogore kak osobennyiy element orografii Vostochnoy Sibiri. Geomorfologiya, 2007, no. 4, pp. 96-103 (in Russian).
11. Schetnikov A.A. Ozera Okinskogo ploskogorya. Geomorfologiya, 2002, no. 3, pp. 88-95 (in Russian).